Section B - Employment Information
- Item 7
- Enter the name of the railroad company for which you worked most recently (for example, “Amtrak”) in Item 7a.
- Enter the title of your job (for example, “Trainman”) in Item 7b.
- Enter the city and state where you last performed your railroad job in Item 7c.
- Check the box in Item 7d that indicates why you are not now working for your last railroad employer. If you check box 9, “Other,” write an explanation in the space provided.
- If you have quit or resigned any railroad or nonrailroad job within the past 3 years, answer Item 7e “Yes.” Enter the date you resigned or quit, and the name(s) of your former employer(s) in Items (1) and (2).
- If you are claiming unemployment benefits because you were discharged or suspended from your last railroad job, you must complete Item 7f (1)–(4). If you are suspended be sure to enter both the beginning and ending dates of the suspension period in Item 7f (1).
- Only complete Item 7g if you are unemployed due to a strike or work stoppage and give the name of your labor union.
- Item 8
- Enter the date that you want your first unemployment claim to begin in Item 8a. The date you enter should be the first day after you last worked for either a railroad or nonrailroad employer and for which you were available for work and did not receive any pay. The date will be the first day of your waiting period.
- Enter in Item 8b the date you last worked for your last railroad employer prior to the date you entered in Item 8a.
- Item 9
If you are covered by a job protection plan under the National Job Stabilization Agreement or under a similar plan, check Item 9 “Yes.” You should also check “Yes” if you are affected by a merger or line sale, and may be entitled to a guaranteed wage. Also enter the name of the employer providing the guarantee.
- Item 10
If you have been paid a severance, termination, or separation allowance or buyout, check Item 10 “Yes.” In Item 10a, enter the date of separation and in Item 10b, enter the name of the employer that paid the allowance.
- Item 11
If you have been self-employed in the past 2 years or you are currently self-employed, you must answer Item 11 “Yes.” In addition, enter the type of self-employment in Item 11a (for example, “tax-preparer,” “carpenter”), and the date you were last self-employed in Item 11b.
- Item 12
If you have been employed by a nonrailroad employer in the past 2 years, answer Item 12a “Yes.” Enter the employer name in Item 12a(1), the employer address in Item 12a(2), your date last worked for that employer in Item 12a(3), your job title in Item 12a(4) and the reason you are not now working for that employer in Item 12a(5). If you have worked for more than one nonrailroad employer in the past 2 years, answer Item 12b “Yes.”
- Item 13 is self-explanatory.