Thinking of retiring soon?
We designed this program to help educate those nearing retirement about the benefits available to them, and what they can expect during the application process.
This popular program has become a valuable resource to RRB customers and employees alike. It helps promote a better understanding of our benefit programs among the railroad community, and in turn, improves the effectiveness of our benefit program operations.
Our field service representatives conduct each Pre-Retirement Seminar using a slide presentation covering the various benefits provided retired rail workers and their families. Seminar attendees receive a retirement kit full of informational handouts and other helpful materials. Online and downloadable versions of items included with seminar kits are available on our Educational Materials webpage.
2023 Pre-Retirement Seminar Booklet
View 2023 Pre-Retirement Seminar Presentation
-Schedule and Registration-
- Registration is required to ensure accommodations and materials for all attendees.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required in order to file a railroad retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage, or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
- Please let us know if you sign up for a seminar and become unable to attend.
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on keeping yourself and others safe from COVID-19. If you aren't feeling well the day of the seminar, we ask that you stay home.
- Are you a new union official? Send a secure message to your local RRB field office with your contact information so we can add you to our database.
SELECT A SEMINAR TO REGISTER:
- October 20 -- Philadelphia
Sheet Metal #19 Union Hall
1301 S Christopher Blvd
8:30am - 12:30pm (doors open at 8:00am)
To RSVP on paper instead, print a registration form to complete, then mail or fax to the RRB's Philadelphia field office.