If you believe that the RRB has records about you in one of its Privacy Act Systems of Records, you may obtain those records by:
- Addressing a letter to the System of Records Manager listed in the notice for that system of records.
Note: Do not make your request by email.
- Request the records you want. Be specific.
- Include your full name and address. Also include a telephone number so we can contact you to clarify your request.
- Include your identifying information so we can locate your record. For railroad industry records, include your RRB claim number or the social security account number of the railroad worker.
- As stated in our Customer Service Plan, the RRB will respond to your request in a timely fashion. Generally this will be within 2 to 4 weeks depending on the nature of the request. If we cannot answer your question fully within that time frame, we will acknowledge your contact and let you know when you can expect to receive a full response.
You may also be able to obtain some railroad industry information through our MainLine Services.
If you are not sure how to describe the records you want, feel free to call the RRB field office nearest you for help.