What must I report about changes in the care and guardianship of the beneficiary?
Payments to a representative payee are made on the basis of his current responsibility for the beneficiary or his relationship to the beneficiary. The following events which may affect the basis of the initial selection of a representative payee must be reported to the Railroad Retirement Board:
- The beneficiary is restored to competency by a State court.
- You are discharged as the legal guardian.
- A legal guardian is appointed or guardianship changes.
- You are no longer responsible for the beneficiary's care and welfare.
- The beneficiary leaves your custody.