Railroad employees can use this service to file for unemployment benefits at their convenience.
You may be eligible for unemployment benefits if you meet the following conditions:
- have qualifying earnings in the base year;
- are unemployed;
- are ready, willing, and able to work (not sick or injured);
- are available for work; and
- have properly registered for unemployment benefits.
We suggest reading RRB booklet UB-10 -- Unemployment Benefits for Railroad Employees before starting your application. En español: UB-10s -- Beneficios de Desempleo para Empleados Ferroviarios.
You'll need the following information to complete your application:
Information to verify your identity:
- Home and work telephone numbers
- Date(s) you last worked for your last railroad or labor employer, and non-railroad employer (if any)
- Title of your last railroad or labor job, and non-railroad job (if any)
Information for direct deposit:
- Name of financial institution
- Financial institution routing number
- Checking or savings account number
If you do not complete your application, any progress you make will be saved for 30 days.
You only need to file one application during a benefit year, even if you become unemployed more than once. If you already filed an application for unemployment benefits since July 1, contact us toll-free +1 (877) 772-5772 to request a claim form.
Note: If you reside outside the United States, or want your first unemployment claim to begin more than two weeks in the future, you must submit a paper Form UI-1 -- Application for Unemployment Benefits to the RRB field office servicing your area.