Note: By clicking on this button, you will be leaving the RRB.gov domain and entering the RRB Retirement or Survivor Debt Collection page at Pay.gov. Please email Pay.gov customer support if you are not routed to the Pay.gov page with the following heading:
RRB Retirement Survivor Debt Collection
If you are requesting to make a monthly installment payment, please contact the Railroad Retirement Board - Debt Recovery Section at +1 (312) 751-4514 or +1 (312) 751-4848.
- How do I pay my Retirement or Survivor bill online?
Pay your bill securely though Pay.gov.
- What is Pay.gov?
- Pay.gov is a secure website supported by the Department of the Treasury's Financial Management Service used by Federal agencies to collect payments from their customers. Using this service to pay your bills is fast, convenient, and safe.
- How does my payment get linked to my RRB bill?
You will be prompted to enter certain information needed to identify and credit the account on which you are making payment. This information (Billing Document Number and Account Number) is printed on the top half of your bill, notice, or overpayment letter from the RRB. When your payment transaction is complete, you will be given a Pay.gov Tracking ID. Save your Tracking ID to use as a point of reference in case there are any issues with your payment.
- How long does it take to credit my payment?
Payments are credited within 2-3 business days.
- Is an email address required to use Pay.gov?
You don't need an email address to use Pay.gov. However, if you provide your email address when paying your bill, Pay.gov will send you a payment confirmation email containing your Tracking ID, the amount paid, payment method, and other information you may wish to have for your records.
- What payment methods are accepted at Pay.gov?
- Bank Account Debit (ACH) - Your personal checking/savings account or your business checking account is debited.
- PayPal - An online financial service that allows you to pay for items using a secure internet account. You simply add your bank account or debit card details and whenever you pay using PayPal, you can choose which of your cards or accounts it pays with.
- Debit Card (Plastic Card) - Your linked checking/savings account is debited.
- What if I need help?
Pay.gov customer support provides assistance to those experiencing problems with the site. Contact toll free at 800-624-1373 (option #1).