Current and former railroad employees unable to sign in to myRRB with login.gov can create a Pin/Password (PPW) account to access the RUIA and Retirement Services available online.
How to Create a PPW account:
- Request a Password Request Code (PRC).
- Go to the PPW Services page, read the certification statement, and click Ok to accept. (Selecting Cancel will stop this process and take you back to myRRB.)
- Click the link labeled Request a Password Request Code (PRC) on the next page and follow the instructions to complete the process.
Note: You must provide personal information that matches RRB records (name, birth date, and address).
- The RRB will mail your PRC to your home address. You will receive your PRC within 10 business days.
- Finish setting up your PPW account.
- Go back to the PPW Services page, read the certification statement, and click Ok to accept. (Selecting Cancel will stop this process and take you back to myRRB.)
- Click the link labeled Use Your PRC to Establish Your Account on the next page and enter your PRC, PIN (SSN), and a password.
Note: After successfully establishing your PPW account, your PRC is no longer needed and may be discarded.
At this time the online services requiring users to sign in to myRRB (through login.gov or PPW) are only available to current and former railroad employees. If you are currently receiving a monthly railroad retirement annuity, you may request documents and pay bills online without logging in to myRRB. Go back to myRRB.